Thursday, March 29, 2012

TearAlong, ----- the Dotted Lion---

Somewhere in the recesses of my mind there lives a memory of some program, perhaps on TV or radio about a Lion whose name is Tearalong...a play on words, of course. And today as I was praying for a more 'abiding' faith that produces fruit...rather than expecting fruit just by pressing in and pressing forward I was reminded of the dotted lion.
In meditating on the 'abiding' quality I saw myself connected to God, to Jesus, to the Holy Spirit by a dotted line rather than a thick and full connection line. I wax and wane in my faithfulness to prayer and being in the word. I'm ashamed to admit this, but it is the truth. And somehow I think I'm not that extraordinary in this pattern. I think we are all challenged in our walk by a waxing and waning.

So, today I imagine myself riding that Lion, that Dotted Lion, wanting more and realizing that to have more, to be more annointed, I must get off the Dotted Lion and fill in the blanks...again, and over and over. I want to ride the Lion, the complete and full Lion, that connects me fully to God. I want to fill in the blank as I go rather than looking back to see a dotted line. I want that full, filled in life that relies on prayer and the Word every day, all the time. No more ---------, but this instead____________________.

So, I'm back at it, in the Word, in a study, and in prayer that isn't merely popcorn prayer, thrown up to a God Who loves popcorn as much as I do, but Who prefers a full meal deal from me. May God bless you richly this day!

2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

What a wonderful analogy! I love it and I want to be on a solid line, too.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Me too. Solid for me!

Great post, my friend.